Monday, April 20, 2009

Mamma Linda’s Top Secret Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!!!!!!

Now normally you would have to either be born or married into the family to get a hold of this recipe, ML is pretty protective. But I managed to get her to agree to let me post it, I am now indebted to her for the remainder of my life. Hey no big deal I really wanted to share this with my readers. Now this is no ordinary cookie, trust me once you try them you will be addicted and find yourself craving them. We all have probably had a great oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, they are great but these bad boys have an added kick from the rice krispies. Yes I said rice krispies, they add an amazing unexpected crunch to the soft chewiness of the cookie. The hubby enjoys these sweets warm out of the oven with a big glass of milk!

1 Cup of Butter
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Cup of Sugar
2 eggs
2 ½ Cups of Flour
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
1 Cup of Oatmeal
2 Cups of Rice Krispies
1 Bag of Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream Butter, Sugars, and Eggs until light and fluffy then add Vanilla. Mix Flour, Baking Soda, and Baking Powder add to the butter and egg mixture. Once well combined add Oatmeal and Rice Krispies, and then fold in Chocolate Chips. Drop from spoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment