Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fat Tuesday Deliciousness

Oh Fat Tuesday, I adore this holiday not for the all night party and beads, but for the food. I mean I am sure the Bourbon Street scene is amazing, and one day maybe I will go see it. For now though I will make do with some great Cajun food. Yesterday I was watching the Rachael Ray show and saw her preparing a quick Andouille sausage and shrimp gumbo. This recipe looked amazing and easy enough my only problem was I didn’t know if I could find the sausage at my local grocery store. We live in a very small town, with a small grocery store, but the ole foodlane pulled through and carried Johnsonville’s version of New Orleans Style Andouille Sausage. I prepared this recipe exactly as Rachael did except I added in two cups of frozen okra when I added the shrimp. I will say this gumbo was amazing, in the words of my hubs “this is the best meal you have made in a while.” I think what makes it so amazing is that it is served over creamy grits, yummy. Fat Tuesday or any Tuesday this recipe is a keeper!


For the recipe for Andouille and Shrimp Gumbo with grits click here.

                                Oh isn't she the cutest!!!

1 comment: