Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother’s Day


My Mother's Day morning view!
Sorry this is being posted almost 24 hours after I wrote it, I for sure fell asleep! These pics of Charlot were taken last week during a pig walking adventure. I couldn't resist she looked so cure!

As I sit here tonight thinking about this day I have to look at it and smile. It is later my daughter is in bed I am trying to watch Fashion Police (there’s my secret) I can’t hardly hold my eyes open but I want to see the hubs before I am totally out of it. He is still out planting corn I haven’t seen him since we both left the house around 6:30 this morning going in different directions.



He was headed to work; I was headed to take Charlot to my parent’s so they could watch her while I went to work. Now you may be thinking how dare your company making you work on Mother’s Day. But here is the thing we grew up in and around agriculture he and I both chose to work for agriculture companies. Because we both believe in what they do, we know feeding the world is a very important job and we want to be a part of it. So I did choose this lifestyle of work when you can because Mother Nature isn’t always on your side, especially this year. We are over two weeks behind schedule on planting. And the day was beautiful and we needed to take advantage.

With that said I was sort of feeling guilty about not spending the bulk of the day with Charlot. Wikipedia says that Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring mothers and motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. A mothers influence in society I guess that is what I was doing today influencing society. And I do work for an amazing company that let me off by mid-afternoon with the request of supper being brought back to them. That amazing company also is pretty great about letting my little nugget tag along. So tonight as we were making our supper delivery to the field and my kiddo was sitting on the tailgate eating her sandwich I couldn’t think of a better way for her to see why momma wasn’t with her all day.

No my Mother’s day wasn’t exactly what I would have planned but it was pretty great day after all. I have to say moms are such amazing people weather they have crazy careers or have made the sacrifice of a career to make being a mom their career. Moms make this world a much better place, and I know mine sure does! Thanks Momma Linda for all you do! I love you and don’t say it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment