Friday, December 4, 2009

Reese's Cake



Birthdays are a huge deal in my world; I truly believe that you should have the day off from everything when it is your special day. I know I live in a fantasy world if I truly believe that, but I do try to make birthdays special for my family and the people I work with well it happened to be my most creative co-worker’s birthday. Each year he tries to create a cake that he would like me to bake, most the time it is a cake with some form cookie or candy in it. This year he decided that he had a hankering for peanut butter and chocolate what does that equal a Reese cake!
 





1 Butter Cake Mix

1lb bag of Reese’s miniatures unwrapped and cut into quarters

1 cup Peanut butter

¼ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 TBSP Butter

A batch of your favorite chocolate icing





Mix cake according to package directions, just before baking fold in two handfuls of the quartered miniatures. Bake according to package directions. In the mean time melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips together with the butter in the microwave for about one minute stirring every 20 seconds or so, until you reach a smooth consistency, this is the filling for the cake. Once the cakes have cooled place one layer on a cake plate of your choice, spread filling over the top and place second layer on top of the filling. Next ice the cake with your fave, chocolate icing and decorate with the remaining Reese’s candies. It is quite a rich cake, but I do thank Nick for the idea.


Here is birthday boy himself enjoying some cake!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can submit a formal request now for this cake on Christmas? Looks yummy.......

    ReplyDelete