Monday, December 7, 2009



Every now and then the hubby requests a certain meal, and very very rarely does he request something other than a juicy pork burger with cheese. But when the conservation goes like this:




“Hubs what would you like for supper tonight,”


“Oh I don’t care”

“Really just tell me you complain about so much pasta so just tell me,”


“Anything”


“Sure anything well besides meatloaf” (I just have a fear of meat formed into a loaf)


“Haha I figured that well I want pork chops with an orange glaze and broccoli no cheese on the veggies please”


“Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh (this is my utter shock) ok I will do my best.


So when we have that discussion for dinnerI am so so so happy! He had a different type of orange glaze in mind; he was thinking more of an orange and honey glaze while I was thinking orange and balsamic, I guess we need to communicate a bit better, oh well at least we had that conservation. Anyway regardless we both really enjoyed this dinner.



Orange and Balsamic Glaze-

½ cup Balsamic

1 cup orange juice

A sprinkle of sugar (this is to your taste)

Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and let reduce in half over medium heat. Baste chops with glaze and top them with it after they are cooked.

Pork Chops (use your own method if you would like this is mine)

½ in thick boneless pork chops


Season with salt, pepper, paprika, and a bit of cumin

Mix seasons sprinkle on top of chops (both sides)

Brush with glaze

Sear in a hot pan 3-4 minutes per side

Allow to rest and top with glaze before serving



Roasted Broccoli (super easy and one of my new favorites)

2-3 heads of Fresh Broccoli

Olive oil

Salt, Pepper, Garlic

Break heads of broccoli into small bite size pieces place on a cookie sheet, drizzle with oil and season with salt pepper and garlic. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. If you would like top with a bit of freshly grated parmesan cheese.



This meal is really easy and delicious, we definitely enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment