Thursday, August 4, 2011

Simple Summer Supper

It has been so blasted hot out that coming home and cooking a big heavy supper is the last thing I want to do. I cannot tell a lie I do love a steak salad. I was inspired by a recipe the Pioneer Woman posted a few days ago for a chipotle steak salad. The nicest thing about recipes like this one is that they are completely flexible. In my salad I used some mix greens, diced tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, shredded carrots, celery (for some extra crunch), shredded cheddar cheese, sliced sirloin steak, homemade croutons, and a spicy ranch dressing, basically the whole garden. Yummy!  It was very refreshing and filling at the same time. Even the hubs enjoyed!!!


Here is a link to the PW’s Chipotle Steak Salad  , her salad looks better than me but her food photography skills are better than mine. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment