Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Peanut Butter Snickers Bars



Last week a couple guys I work with kind of went out of their way to help me out on a project, something I really appreciated. Well in an effort to show them my appreciation I decided to make them a special treat customized to their likes. One of the guys loves brownies so a pan of rich fudgy brownies it was for him! The other one loves peanut butter cookies but doesn’t get them very often because he has a kiddo that has a peanut allergy. So I thought alright peanut butter cookies it is for him. On the night I decided to make these treats I also had plenty of other baking going on. Four pies, two cakes, plus the brownies and cookies to be exact.



With this in mind I had purchased some of the bagged peanut butter cookie mix to help save myself some time. The cookies were the last thing I was making that night and I was getting TIRED!!! I guess when I am tired my best brain child’s are born. I thought why they heck not make this a bar cookie but not just any bar cookie one stuffed with a snickers candy bar. There could be NOTHING wrong with any of this.




I mixed up the cookies, pressed ½ of the dough into a greased 8X8 pan, topped it with 9 fun sized snickers, and then put the rest of the dough on top. Popped it in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes. The gates of heaven opened and amazingness was born! These puppies are good. Not too sweet just enough chocolate to add some interest to the peanut butter, plus a bit of gooey caramel. I need to go make a pan now! Ok my thighs are saying no lady you do not! Let’s just say my co-worker really enjoyed his treat.

Peanut Butter Snickers Bars

1 Pkg Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix

1 Egg

1 TBSP Oil

3 TSP Water

9 Fun Sized Snickers Candy bars

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 8X8 baking pan. Prepare cookies according to package directions. Press ½ the cookies mixture into the bottom of the pan. Top with snickers bars. Cover the bars with the remaining cookie mix. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment