Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Peanut Butter Pie...YUM!



Life really is all about balance so since I posted a figure friendly recipe yesterday I figured I should feed your sweet tooth today! A co-worker of mine requested a peanut butter pie for his birthday, because he loves all things peanut butter and just knew I made awesome pies. His words not mine. Oh sure of course I can make you a peanut butter pie I said. As I was screaming I have no clue what the heck a peanut butter pie consists of!


Thank goodness for the internet! I browsed a few recipes and saw kind of what some had to offer, but most just seemed kind of heavy to me so I formulated my own version. And the results were yummy! A nice light fluffy pie with just enough sweetness plus who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate together. Make this the next time you are in need of a quick and easy dessert that is sure to be crowd pleasing!

Peanut Butter Pie (makes 2 pies)

2 Chocolate Crusts (I used the store bought kind)

2 8oz packages of Cream Cheese (Soft)

1 16oz Jar of Creamy Peanut Butter

2 Cups powdered sugar

2 tubs Cool Whip

1 square Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate

In a mixer cream together cream cheese and peanut butter until light and fluffy, gradually add in the powdered sugar. Once mixture is completely combined fold in one tub of cool whip. Split the mixture between the two crusts and top each pie with ½ of the remaining tub of cool whip. Chop chocolate square and sprinkle over the two pies. Refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment