Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thankful Thursday‘s-Plus a Prayer Request


I have gotten away from doing these and the past few weeks have proven to me just how much I truly have to be thankful for. Tomorrow is not promised, health is not promised, and perfection is for sure not promised. With that said I can say that I am oh so very thankful for my amazing life with a healthy and happy child, spouse, parents, and siblings.


The area we live in is a pretty close net place. Sometimes it can be a bit frustrating since pretty much everyone knows everyone and anything that happens pretty quickly becomes public knowledge. But there are for sure some pretty amazing things about this area as well. The most amazing to me seems to be that in times of need all the communities in the area rally around one another. I have seen this first hand over the past week.

With no warning, other than flu-like symptoms, a little boy just 12 year old in our area was recently diagnosed with liver and pancreatic cancer. In addition, the cancer was tagged as being very rare, having almost never been seen in children. That’s right a healthy active little boy, is now it in the toughest battle, the battle for his life. As a parent this is your nightmare coming true, you should never have to face the big “C” word with your kids. But this is the hand that was dealt to this family. Ayden for sure doesn’t know me and I really don’t know if his parents remember me but I do remember him as a toddler going to church with him. I was always impressed with his parents they appeared to be the most caring and committed parents. The kind of parents I had and the kind of parent I wanted to be. What I have seen through this is these parents are giving this to God and fighting with all they have got.

Over the past week I have watched people from all over our area come together to try and help this family. There has been a Porch Light Prayer on Facebook set up, that has touched nearly every country. A Give Forward Fund has been established to help offset the astronomical amount of medical bills this family is facing. Bracelets are being made, a benefit dinner is planned, a local photographer is doing a shot for Ayden. And above all else more and more people are offering their prayers to this family. Because prayer is a powerful powerful thing.

So today I am so thankful for health and I am very thankful to live right where I do. I ask that if you have a moment to please say a prayer for Ayden and his family. Every single prayer helps!!!

If you are interested in joining the Porch Light Prayer (for Ayden)- Click HERE

If you have it in your heart to help this family financially (every penny helps) - Click HERE

Again please just pray and pray some more.

Charlot supporting Ayden in her Purple and Green!


No comments:

Post a Comment