Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Colorado 2015


Well here it is I am finally getting around to recapping our beautiful big old fashioned family vacation!!! We headed out the Sunday before Thanksgiving with my parents, to head to Georgetown Colorado, my brother and sister-in-law joined us later in the week. The weather was absolutely beautiful for our drive out, and we made it in decent time, plus Charlot decided that Grandma and Pap's car was much more appealing than ours so it was a pretty quite ride for us.
The above picture is of Blaine's new wildlife spotter...ha...she thought it was awesome to look through the binoculars I'm pretty sure she couldn't see a thing but hey it made her happy!

This was on our first full day outside the house that we stayed at in Georgetown. Charlot was so happy there was snow.

The first day we took a bit of a scenic drive over to Golden, Colorado to tour Coors Brewery.

Yes I took my kid, and yes she likes to tell people that she learned how to make beer. HA! Mother of the year again!

After the tour we ate at this really neat place called Bob's Atomic Burgers, which was delish. Plus it was a beautiful day so sitting outside was a must.

On the drive back from Golden we were able to see several Mountain Sheep, we even had the chance to see a few full curl Rams, they were not so photo friendly. But these girls didn't seem to mind at all that I wanted to take their picture.

The next several pictures below are in Georgetown near their beautiful lake. The lake bordered most of the town and was just breath taking. There were several people who were out ice fishing just a day or two after these pictures were taken.

 
Morning Run Selfie!!!!


We took Charlot to ride the Georgetown Loop railroad, Santa Train. Totally against my theory of No Christmas before Thanksgiving but hey it was vacation. And the verdict was that she loved it! I will say the adults were pretty impressed as well. Especially with the lights outside being synced with the music inside the train. Plus Santa was so gracious he took time with each and every kid to hear exactly what was on their list.
Yes the train went over that bridge!
Apparently no one could look at the same camera. 




I love this picture of Charlot on Thanksgiving morning because she is being so cute watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Just like I did (ok still do) when I was a kid.



We decided to head out to Red Rocks on Thanksgiving day. It was a bit snowy and colder than we expected but really really pretty. Here are a few shots from that visit.



On Friday our last full day in Colorado we ventured up to Estes Park and to the Rocky Mountain National Park. This is by far and away one of my most favorite places on the planet! I love the town of Estes but more than that I adore the National Park. It truly is God's work of art, if you go there and tell me you didn't enjoy it I honestly would think you were crazy! I have visited the park, Summer, Fall and Winter and I can't say any of the visits didn't top the previous one. Seriously TAKE THE TIME TO GO VISIT!!! These beautiful next few shots were all taken in the park. Where not only did we see natures beauty but some beautiful wildlife, including several Bull Elk and Mule Deer.







I was ready to kill Blaine while he took this picture as I was driving!

Vacation is so very good for the soul!!!


The last day as we drove home the weather got a little dicey so Charlot thought chocolate ice cream sandwiches and staying awake nearly the entire way were completely necessary.

My final thoughts on this trip...number one thank you mom and dad for putting this whole thing together it was so so much fun. Two big family vacations may seem like a terrible idea to some but they are completely worth it, the memories made will last a lifetime. And lastly Colorado you are such an amazing place each time I visit my soul feels renewed, I have so many memories and moments in your state that I know a little piece of my heart stays there each time I leave. So until next time...because there will be a Next Time!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment