Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Cookies and Cream M&M Cookies


I had to have cookies to take to Charlot's school for the Christmas program last night. I asked Charlot what kind of cookies she wanted...her response...Dairy Queen ice cream. Thanks kid that's a real practical cookie. Then it was almost a challenge for me how could I make these cookies remind her of her favorite DQ treat. Basically I decided to chuck it full of her favorite blizzard toppings and I will say they results were awesome! I will admit at first I threw a whole bunch of M&M's into the dough and the resulting cookie was way toooooo sweet and chocolaty for me. Plus I decided that topping each cookie with 5 or so M&M's resulted in a prettier cookie because you could see the pretty candy. But you do as you wish these cookies are flexible. 

This would be prefect for a Christmas cookie exchange or whatever your holiday needs. I know that both young and old will enjoy this sweet treat!

1 Cup Butter (2 Sticks) Softened
3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
2 1/4 Cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt 
16 Oreo Cookies Crushed
Mini M&M's for topping

Pre-Heat oven to 375. Cream together Butter and Sugars until light and fluffy, add eggs in one at a time follow with vanilla. In a separate bowl stir together flour, soda, and salt, gradually add to the butter/sugar mixture until well combined. Fold in Oreo's. Drop TBSP size balls of dough onto a greased cookie sheet top with some M&M's. Bake for 10 minutes. ENJOY!

And those of you who are wondering yes I am drinking my milk out of a stemless wine glass...who said milk and cookies wasn't classy.


No comments:

Post a Comment