Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Chicken Ramen with Thai Peanut Sauce




Do you ever just have a hankering for something very particular, ok so maybe it is just me and the pregoness. Yesterday I could not get the thought of HuHot Peanut Sauce out of my head I wanted it I needed it. But driving an hour to get it wasn’t happening. So I turned to trusty Pinterest to see if I could find a recipe for a Thai Peanut Sauce, well of course I could Pinterest has EVERYTHING. The only problem was is that almost all the recipes I found contained coconut milk! Say WHAT! Number one I don’t like coconut, but I kind of figured that the peanut butter would over power the coconut. Number two I wasn’t driving to the next town to locate this, I needed to be able to find the needed ingredients at my local grocery store. Which I must say is AMAZING!!!

I kind of just threw caution to the wind and headed to my local C&R, Lo and Behold SILK COCONUT MILK!!!! I’m not sure that is what the recipes I saw had in mind but hey I used it and it worked wonders! FYI every ingredient in this recipe was available at my local grocery store! Again Amazing store with amazing people and selection! But back to the dish. This sauce made my typical chicken ramen stir-fry totally different sweet and hot and a bit sour from the vinegar gracious it was good! I even used some of the extra sauce to dip my lovely egg roll in! Give this a try if you are wanting to mix up your weeknight meal with a little taste of Thai!!! Plus it was done in under 30 minutes!!! BONUS!



Chicken Ramen with Thai Peanut Sauce
2 Large Chicken Breasts (Cut into Bite Sized Pieces)
1 Bag of Tri-Colored Slaw Mix
3 Packages Ramen Noodles (reserve one flavor packet)
2 Cups Water
1 ½ Cups Thai Peanut Sauce
2 TBSP Teriyaki Sauce
Sesame Seeds (optional)
Heat two TBSP of Oil (I used coconut) in a large non-stick skillet, add chicken breast and cook through. Remove chicken from skillet, season with salt, and set aside. In the same skillet heat another TBSP of oil add your slaw (don’t add the dressing if it comes with it) sauté for 5 minutes or so just to soften the cabbage. Remove from skillet and set aside. Using the same skillet pour in water and one seasoning packet from the Ramen, stir to dissolve add in the noodles cover for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Once noodles reach desired tenderness add chicken and cabbage back in combine, then stir in the Peanut and Teriyaki Sauce. Add more peanut sauce if you like. Top with Sesame Seed and Serve! YUM!

Thai Peanut Sauce
1 ½ Cups Coconut Milk
½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
2 TBSP Sriracha Sauce (More if you like it Spicy)
2 TSP White Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste

Whisk all ingredients together in a small sauce pot heat over medium low heat until sauce is smooth and thickened, this will take some time just be patient.  It’s so worth it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment