Monday, March 14, 2016

Pulled Pork Pizza


Ok so I know I have not been a good blogger basically in a long time. Please forgive me I seem to say that a lot to you guys but I really mean it. I have stories to tell and recipes to share I just need to be better about actually sitting down and typing them up. Plus with the impending arrival of the second child in our lives I need to be a better blogger. I want this child's early days and days/months/years to follow documented just as I did Charlot's. Anyway thanks for sticking with me coming back and continuing to read. Does any of this have to do with the above picture, NOPE. I needed to get that off my chest before I could present this amazingness. 

Today is Pi day 3.14 day, and many people like to celebrate by eating pie, I plan to make one tonight. But if you want a different type of "Pie" this will be for you, a pizza pie. A Pulled Pork Pizza Pie to be exact! Sounds a bit different yes, is it a bit different yes, does it taste amazing yes, so what do you need to do MAKE IT!

This little jewel was born out of necessity...the hubs decided he needed to try his hand at smoking an entire pork shoulder, delicious yes but also tons of meat. We had eaten it with baked beans and slaw we had prepared it with potatoes, green beans, and cornbread, we had had our fill of pulled pork sandwiches. And when I say we had had our fill I'm really meaning me, I'm pretty sure the hubs could have continued the trend eaten a few hundred more sandwiches. But I was ready for something else, and I was craving pizza. I won and let's face it the hubs won too because he loved this pizza! 

If you happen to be like me and need an idea of what the heck to do with your leftover pulled pork here ya go! The slight creaminess of the sauce plays in really nicely with the spice of the pork. Then the cheese well you just can't have pizza with out ooey gooey cheese. Lastly my favorite part was the pork got kind of crispy on the edges like bacon and its saltiness combined with the brininess of the banana peppers perfection. But when you got the perfect bit it was absolutely incredible. Oh now I wish I had some more pulled pork at home! YUM!

Pulled Pork Pizza

1 Recipe of Pizza Dough (your favorite, frozen, or the kind in the tube will be fine)
1/4 cup Mayo (the real deal NOT Miracle Whip)
3/4 cup BBQ Sauce (I used Gates because I love the spice and the vinegar in it)
2 Cups Pulled pork 
1 8oz block Cheddar Jack Cheese (grated)
Jarred Banana Peppers to Taste

Heat oven to 400. Prepare your pan (I always use rimmed cookies sheets) by spraying it and sprinkling it with a bit of cornmeal, spread your dough out in the pan. In a small bowl combine mayo and BBQ Sauce, spread over your crust. Top with Pulled Pork, then Cheese, and last the Banana Peppers. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is nicely browned and pork is crisping up! Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes or so before slicing. ENJOY! 



No comments:

Post a Comment