Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Snack Crack


As I lay here in bed deciding if I am going to make it after my Zumba class tonight I cannot keep this stuff of my mind. Sweet salty goodness that begs one to keep eating it. I really don't know the name of this stuff and frankly I don't know if I made it the way it was intended,but I do know this I am completely and totally addicted to it!
You all know quite well about my struggles with Pinterest and the dad gum nonfunctional links! I have discussed this with you I promise! Any who that's where this crack was born! Yesterday we were napping and watching movies after church and before we went to my parents for our Easter dinner, or supper I think supper because to me dinner is lunch but then why do we even have the word dinner if lunch already has a name. I mean you don't see people calling it binner it's brunch so again when is dinner? And what is the point of this story? Oh yes the crack! Anyway I wanted to make a little snack mix to take out to the rents for Easter. 
I stumbled upon a pin that had this amazing looking snack mix and it had an ingredient list! I was set I even had all the ingredients, winner! But then it happened I clicked the picture and a whoops your link is broke and a sad face told me the link didn't work. Well imagine my disappointment and then determination! I am so glad I forged on the only problem is the entire batch is now gone! But whatever you do make this stuff, just don't bring me any! Oh my thighs can't handle it...ok if you insist bring me a small bag. Scratch that made a little bigger! Who am I kidding just bring me the whole dang batch!!!


Snack Crack

1-10oz Bag Fritos Corn Chips
2 Cups Pretzel Twists
2 Cups Rice Cereal
1 1/2 Cups Peanuts (I used Roasted Salted)
1 Stick Butter
1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup M&M's 

Pre-heat oven to 350. Line a large sheet tray with parchment. In a large bowl combine chips, pretzels, cereal and nuts. In a small saucepan over medium heat melt butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup, bring mixture to a boil and allow it to continue to boil for 3-4 minutes without stirring it. Once your caramel is cooked pour over the chip mixture and stir to evenly coat the mixture. Dump the mixture out on to the sheet tray. Bake for 15 minutes stirring half way through. Once baked spread mixture out on to a parchment lined counter to cool. After a few minutes of cooling but not completely cooled add your M&M's. Store in an air tight container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment