Thursday, February 23, 2017

Crockpot Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken


 This little slice of heaven is where it is at! I cannot tell you how good my house smelled on Tuesday night when we returned home from the Y. Gracious it was intoxicating! I actually just at this again for lunch today and it just gets better. So as I have shared before Charlot is taking gymnastics on Tuesday and Thursday evenings so most of the suppers I prepare for those evenings need to be in the crockpot or need to be able to be thrown in the oven to cook while we are gone. I adapted this recipe from something I found on Pintrest and truly I couldn’t be happier with this new Crockpot recipe for the rotation! It was so flavorful and easy with few ingredients, with the added bonus that everyone in my family loved it.

 I will say that I may need to invest in one of those crockpots that automatically turn to warm after the number of hours you want something to cook. I am noticed a lot of crock-pot recipes only require 4-6 hours of cooking and let’s get real honest here  I am gone from home WAY more than 4-6 hours. For this recipe I just had all the ingredients in the fridge ready to go and when I got home I threw it in the crockpot turned it on high for 2-3 hours. When I got home I removed the chicken stirred in the cream let it cook while I cooked the pasta and when it was done I stirred it all together.

I was quite impressed with the results of this recipe and there were clean plates all around my table so I know the others were happy as well! I hope you and yours will enjoy it as well!

Crockpot Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken

2 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
½ Cup Flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Cups Chicken Stock
½ Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
½ Cup Heavy Cream
Pasta, Mashed Potatoes, or Rice to Serve
Heat EVOO in a large Non-Stick Skillet, season flour with Salt and pepper, dredge chicken breasts in the flour and brown in the skillet. This should take about 2-3 minutes per side. In your crock pot mix Stock, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning, place browned chicken in the crock. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2, once this time has lapsed remove chicken stir in cream and allow mixture to cook for 20-30 minutes. Return chicken to the crockpot before serving. ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment