Thursday, March 2, 2017

Crockpot Steak Tacos

 
New Crockpot recipe here on the ole blog today and it is one delicious recipe that my whole family LOVED!!! I will say with my new found love/need of using my crockpot more frequently I may need to invest in one of those fancy ones that will cook for a certain amount of time then just hold things to warm. Otherwise I am going to have to start bringing my meals to work to cook and switch off at a certain time. I leave my house pretty dang early in the morning and I don't always, ok I never make it home within 8 hours of leaving. Basically meaning that whatever I'm putting in the crockpot had better be a ok cooking for a LONG time. This recipe I figured out a way to make it work but the timer slow cooker would have been nice. I found that if you put your meat in frozen into the crockpot obviously it will take longer to cook so that is what I did for this one! Hopefully this one will be loved by you and yours and make it into your dinner rotation! 

Crockpot Steak Tacos

1 larger Skirt Steak (which I found at Aldi!!! Score!!!)
1 Package Taco Seasoning (you can make your own) 
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Cup Water

Put steak in the bottom of the slow cooker, sprinkle the taco seasoning over to coat cover with tomatoes and water. Cook on low for 6 hours...if your steak is frozen you can get a few more hours out of it. When you get home remove steak from cooker, ans slice across the grain. Serve with your usual taco fixings! And ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment