Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Sheet Pan Omelete




If you have read my blog for very long you may realize that I love meal planning and freezer foods. I especially LOVE a make ahead breakfast recipe and the fact that it is healthy makes it even better! I have been slowly tip toeing into the world of low carb, I am not fully going low carb just trying to cut some cruddy stuff from my diet. Plus eliminate some of the bread I intake, man I love bread. I was doing well at just eating eggs for breakfast, they were fast and easy that I could make at work. The only problem was that after a bit I was hungry, and when hungry I reach for the easiest available food. Usually not the greatest of choice…crackers they are kind of a drug for me too. Now you have learned how to take me out quickly offer me a bread basket laced with some Triscuits. 

Wow way off track, the point is the recipe was born to provide me with a heartier yet healthy breakfast. I had time to do some recipe testing earlier this week, the weather got yucky so I left work early grabbed my kids, built them a tent in the living room, and got to work. Man, alive I am excited how this turned out. YUM is all I must say. Plus, the fact that I now have a few weeks’ worth of breakfast in my freezer, makes me do a little booty shake. Well my booty isn’t exactly small but the shake I’m doing isn’t a big one oh gosh you guys totally don’t need to read these things. 
I love so much about this recipe I feel it is the perfect combination of veggies and meat but if you prefer to switch it up to suit your like feel free! 

Sheet Pan Omelet
12 Eggs 
½ cup Milk (we use whole in our home) 
1 Bell Pepper Diced
 1 Bunch of Broccoli Chopped
4 oz Fresh Mushrooms Chopped 
2 handfuls Baby Spinach Chopped (I know accurate measurement) 
4 Strips of Bacon Cooked and Crumbled 
½ Parmesan Cheese Shredded 
2 tsp Hot Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil, put bell pepper, broccoli and mushroom on the sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. While veggies roast crack eggs in a large bowl add milk, hot sauce, salt and pepper whisk until well combined. Once veggies come out of the oven allow them to cool for a few minutes and add to eggs, stir in spinach and cheese. Now spray the lined pan that you roasted the veggies on with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture on to pan and spread out top with bacon. Bake at 350 for another 15-20 minutes until eggs are set. Remove from oven and allow to cool prior to cutting. Once cool cut into 12 large squares. Freeze flat in Ziploc bags. To reheat thaw and warm for 30 to 45 seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment