Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Pepperoni pizza chicken sandwich


I missed blogging yesterday, not just the fact that I didn't blog but I truly missed the process of blogging it's kind of a therapy for me. Crazy I know, it's ok though I excepted that fate long ago. Speaking of crazy...today's recipe is amazingly crazy easy!!! And yummy to boot! Do people still say that? To boot??? 

Oh yea back to the food. 

Sandwiches are a real love of mine, bread is life, but the real thing is I only love hot toasty cheesy sandwiches. I am not a fan at all of cold lunch meat sandwiches, my sister in law worked with me one summer and she brought cold sandwiches each day to this day I still have no idea how she did it. This particular sandwich checks all the boxes for me, toasty bread, gooey cheese, flavorful sauce, filling, easy and my kids eat it! 

Note this is not a recipe you make on school concert night. It's a tad messy. My mom always made my brothers or my favorite on concert nights well my fave happens to be spaghetti. To avoid the dropped noodle on the dress meltdown my mom would wrap a huge tea towel around my neck I always felt like the kings in the old cartoons with the giant napkin wrapped around them. Sorry I think I missed the point of my warning, these are messy, I let my kids eat with no shirt on, HA! 

Enjoy! Question what type of recipes would you guys like to see from me? 

6 Thin Sliced Chicken breasts (you can just slice 3 breast in half lengthwise)
2 TBSP EVOO
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Jar Marnaria Sauce
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
6 Italian Rolls (or hotdog buns because obviously that's what I had) 
3 TBSP Butter

Season chicken breasts on each side with salt and pepper. Heat EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat brown chicken breasts on each side they do not have to be cooked through that will happen in the sauce. Once chicken is browned pour sauce over chicken breasts and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through. While chicken is cooking butter each roll and toast in a 350 degree oven. Just before serving top each chicken breast with some mozzarella cheese allow it to melt. Place each chicken breast on a bun. Pour on some extra sauce if you'd like! I serve these with a nice garden salad I mean life is all about balance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment