Friday, January 15, 2010

Warm and Hearty...


It was my goal this year to start utilizing my Crockpot more. I mean with my crazy work schedule and the Hubs busy taking care of piggy’s you never know what time we might get home to eat supper together. Plus I just love the smell of something being cooked in the Crockpot when I walk into the house. This recipe is really quite hearty and it makes a large batch that is great for leftovers or to freeze.

Old Fashioned Crockpot Beef Stew

2 Tbsp Flour

1lb Beef Stew Meat

2 Tbsp Cooking Oil

2 Cups Vegetable Juice (I use V8)

1 Cup Beef Broth

1 Medium Onion (Cut into thin wedges)

1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce

1 ½ Tsp Beef Bouillon Granules

1 Tsp Italian Seasoning

¼ Tsp Black Pepper

3 Cups Cubed Potatoes

3 Carrots Sliced

2 Cups Green Peas


Place Flour in a plastic bag season with salt and pepper. Add meat cubes, a few at a time shaking to coat. In a large skillet heat oil to a medium heat add meat and brown. Layer meat and vegetables (except peas) in large Crockpot. Mix vegetable juice beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, beef granules, Italian seasoning, and pepper; pour over meat and vegetables. Cook for 7-8 hours on the low setting add peas in the last hour.



You must serve this recipe with some form of bread here I made herb covered dinner rolls (recipe to come later). The Hubs thoroughly enjoys this with cornbread. Hope you will give this one a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment