Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veteran's Day


There have been many very heartfelt and moving posts today thankng our veterans for all they have done. I am not certain there is much else I can say that will offer a different perspective. What I can tell you about is how we celebrated/honored in our home. On Monday night Charlot and made a few cards for some veterans I work with. During the card making I took the time to explain to her that we don't get to live safely in this country without cost. I wrote the words on the cards and asked her to color the flag, I thought she did amazing. In addition to the cards we made a sweet video for my uncle thanking him for his service, he just retired from a long career with the United States Navy. 
I am very proud to be an American and I wish that we would celebrate the price our vets paid more frequently! We also bought our veteran a warm coffee which was really needed on this cold morning. Thank you veterans for all you do, past, present, and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment