Saturday, October 8, 2016

Freezer Meal Ministry

.

I had the honor of spending a few hours this morning with these lovely ladies...doing some of the good Lord's work. In just a few hours and a few trips to Walmart we had made 36 pints of chicken and rice soup, 33 individual lasagnas, and a 4 dozen breakfast sandwiches. The purpose of these meals is to have food ready to be given to those in need. Weather it be a shut-in, a family, a widow or widower, these meals could help make their day so much easier. Food is a basic need and we wanted to be able to fulfill the need.
I am utterly in awe of the work that these ladies completed in a short time. It amazes me the work that can be completed by just a few hands to help others. 
It was such a fun morning working together. 

I guess the purpose of this blog wasn't just to share this fun filled morning but to say why this was so important to me. Every member of a church needs to have a place a place they feel comfortable, useful, and feel they are following the Lords direction. For quite some I have been trying to find my place...yes I am involved in my church always have been but I never really have felt like I had found what the Lord wanted me to do. That was until I saw the sign-up for the service Sunday one of our women's group is putting together. 

One of the categories was freezer meals...I didn't really know what that meant but I knew I loved to cook and help others. Then one Sunday a lady said they were needing someone to take the lead on the freezer meal category. In that moment I knew I had found my place. The next day I had volunteered to get the ball rolling on this. With in the week a meal prep day was planned with ingredient lists and a plan for the day formulated. I simply sent an e-mail asking for volunteers to help plus people to bring ingredients. Seriously within an hour I had all I needed. These ladies could move mountains in minutes I swear!

This morning I felt His presence guiding me and I knew I was doing exactly what I should be doing! So thank you to the members of my church for allowing me to lead this, and thank you to all those who helped make it a success. Lastly the Lord is guiding you...listen he will send you right where you need to be!






No comments:

Post a Comment