Thursday, October 13, 2016

Nacho Soup!!!


I created this little pot of wonderfulness on a whim a few weeks ago on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Then I remade it last night because it was cold the the perfect evening for SOUP!!! This soup was born out of my necessity to number one use up some leftovers from taco night and two find a taco soup substitute. The hubs is not a fan of the traditional taco soup recipe that most love including me!
But then I started creating this soup with him in mind and the little bit in our house. I knew two things it needed to be soupy(lots of broth), the hubs isn't a huge fan of thick soups, and it needed to be cheesy to please Charlot. Who loves tacos and nachos...and is becoming a fast fan of this soup! Feel free to use leftover taco meat and leftover Spanish rice that is what I did the first time and it was perfect!

Nacho Soup

1/2 Lb hamburger (browned and drained)
1 packet taco season
1 can diced tomatoes (I use the Mexican flavored ones)
1 can corn
1 can green chillies
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can Nacho cheese (found near the Velveeta)
1 box chicken Stock
1 cup cooked rice

In a large soup pot, mix Hamburger with taco seasoning and allow to heat through and seasoning to come together with meat. Add all remaining ingredients except rice, stir well to combine! Allow mixture to simmer for 30 minutes then stir in rice just before serving. Top with additional cheese or avocado that's what I like at least! Serve with corn chips!



No comments:

Post a Comment