Monday, January 23, 2017

She turned 6...in style!

This really happened! Charlot my sweet itty bitty Charlot turned six last week! Now yes she is still very sweet and I want her to grow and change and develop into an awesome lady but she could slow down just a bit! Plus this picture makes her look like she is 15, oh lord we are in trouble! 
But turning six is quite a big event and needs to be celebrated in super awesome style, American Girl style that is! So everything had to be shades of pinks and reds with stars everywhere.

It was such a fun party to plan this is a picture of the kids table complete with American Girl activity sheets and color sheets that you can actually print for free from the American Girl company website or through this LINK
These sheets were super fun and provided entertainment for both kids and adults alike. There were coloring sheets, cross word puzzles, word searches, design your own t-shirt the printables were endless. If you have a  American Girl loving little girl you should check these out!

I thought these turned out super cute and Charlot pretty much made them. I punched out the little circles, she taped them on the popcorn box, decided they needed to be filled with chex mix and popcorn, the she filled them and put them in the plastic bag. I just had to tie them up! So each guest had a little something to take home if they wanted or they could snack on it during the party.

The cake backdrop turned out really cute as well, I had never used Staples for large prints but thought I'd give it a try. After I designed this in Word all I had to do was uploaded it to their website and select how big I wanted it. The sign was ready in about 24 hours and it was perfect!

No party is complete without a Happy Birthday banner! I used the same color scheme as the large banner and created this. She loved it and told me exactly how she wanted it hung. Oh yes this year she had to come with me while I sat everything up. She told her Pap she had to make sure everything was JUST THE WAY SHE WANTED IT! HA!


Minus my wonky eye I think we are a pretty good looking group! Yes she is wearing her Christmas dress but she deemed she needed to be fancy for this party and this dress was as fancy as it gets.

She even picked out her own cake via Pintrest for her momma to create I suprised her by adding the number 6 topper and the stars. She was pretty pleased with how it turned out and I must say I thought it was pretty danged cute!

 No party is complete without food, and man alive was she specific on what she wanted. Those cranberry cookies in the middle were not on her menu but she said they were ok since they had red in them. 

 And no little girls party can be complete with out cupcakes with sprinkles, plus macaroons and eclair's in the background there. 

I sure hope she remembers these parties forever because I will forever remember planning them with her. I think she liked her cake! HA! Happy Happy Birthday to the little girl who holds so much of my heart, hopes and dreams. Momma loves you more than words will ever be able to describe!

Oh and she fully believes in birthdays lasting over the course of several days, this was only one of her celebrations. We has brownies and ice cream with her class, dinner out with Dairy Queen for dessert, Dairy Queen again this weekend, and next week she and a few friends are doing a girls day painting What can I say she gets it honest I LOVE BIRTHDAY'S!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment