Tuesday, January 31, 2017

February Meal Plan Revealed!!!





Tomorrow is a new month!!! How in the world is it already February…well a new month means big things right here!!! A new monthly meal plan guide!!! Hooray! Someone asked me where I get all my ideas for meals, for me it really isn’t anything spectacular. Once I have a month’s meal plans set I start thinking about the next month. I just keep a note pad on my desk and if I think of a meal or come across a recipe I want to try I jot it down then as I am putting my meal plan together for the month I include those recipes.
If you are new to the meal planning world it may seem a bit overwhelming at first but once you start you will get the hang of it really quick! For me I break my month down into weeks for the plan then on Sunday night I get all the meat I need for the week out of the freezer and put it in the fridge for the five night’s meals. Then each morning I check the plan and make certain I have everything I need. Once I get home I cannot stand to leave.

Next are the shopping lists as you can see they are quite extensive, I wrote down practically everything you would need to make these meals. I do this for myself as well then I shop at home and cross off the items I already have. I realize that the first list is huge, I like to do all the shopping I possibly can the first shopping trip of the month. I get all the meat need plus anything else that will keep for the duration of the month. This will be a long grocery trip but the next three weeks will be short and sweet! I have included some items on the weekly list that I purchase each week regardless of the meal plan please feel free to adjust these to your needs. 

I spend a good deal of time on these meal plans because they make my life easier please let me know if they help you and if you have any ideas for improvement. I included recipe links for several of the meals. Just click the link and it will bring you to the recipe post. I am still working on getting these into a PDF printable format (I know that would help), but currently can’t. If you could help me with that I would owe you big time! If you would like the meal plan/grocery lists e-mailed to you please feel free to contact me and I will be more than glad to do so! Please ENJOY!

February Meal Plan
Week 1- 2/6-2/10
Monday –Bacon Cheddar Quiche with tossed salad Recipe Link
Tuesday-Chili (Crockpot)
Wednesday-Chicken Portobello Stacks with rice Recipe Link
Thursday- Hawaiian Fried Rice
Friday –Shrimp and Spinach Pasta

Week 2- 2/13-2/17

Monday- Chicken and Pineapple Quesadilla Recipe Link
Tuesday- Tomato Soup (crockpot) and Heart shaped grilled cheese
Wednesday-Jambalaya with Smoked Sausage Recipe Link
Thursday-Steak Tacos (crockpot)
Friday- Baked Honey Garlic Chicken with Rice and Steamed Broccoli

Week 3 2/20-2/24

Monday-Pork Chops, Green Beans, Stuffing
Tuesday-Crockpot Mushroom Beef Tips with Mashed Potatoes Recipe Link
Wednesday- Shrimp and Spinach Salad 
Thursday-Creamy Sundried Tomato Chicken with Pasta
Friday- Pizza

Week 4 2/27-3/3

Monday- Breakfast- Pancakes, Bacon, Eggs
Tuesday- Nacho Soup (crockpot) Recipe Link
Wednesday- Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Tossed Salad
Thursday- Chicken Teriyaki Bowls with Broccoli
Friday- Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes with Green Beans

Grocery List (monthly-this includes fresh products for the first week)

Meat-
Bacon- 2lbs
Hamburger-3lbs
Chicken Breasts (3 of the large packages)
Diced Ham
Shrimp-2lbs
Smoked Sausage
Sirloin Steak
Pork chops (2 four chop packages)
Stew Meat 

Dairy and Eggs- 
Cheddar Cheese (2 bricks)
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Refrigerated Pie Crust
Sliced Cheese
Milk
Sour Cream  
Eggs (2 dozen)

Frozen-
Peas and Carrots

Canned Goods-
Canned Pineapple Rings (2)
Crushed Tomatoes (1 28oz)
Chili Beans (1) 
Chili Tomatoes (1)
Diced Tomatoes (2)
Black Beans (1)
Nacho Cheese (1)
Corn (1)
Green Beans (4)
Cream of Mushroom Soup (1)
Spaghetti Sauce (1) 
Salsa (1)
Honey (1) 
Sun dried tomatoes (1)
Box of Chicken Broth (3)
Box of Beef Broth (1) 

Dry Goods-
Rice
Teriyaki Sauce
Soy Sauce
Tortillas 
Bread
Pasta (spaghetti)
Stuffing 
Taco Shells
Cajun Seasoning
Taco Seasoning 
Ranch Seasoning  

Fresh Fruits and Vegetables-
Romaine Lettuce
Cucumbers 
Portobello Mushrooms 
Avocado-2
Roma Tomatoes – 4
Spinach 
Onions (1 bag)
 Potatoes
Bananas 
Apples 
Berries (if on sale) 

Grocery List (week 2)

Dairy-
Milk 
Cream 

Fresh Fruits and Vegetables-
Basil
Celery 
Bell Peppers
Shredded lettuce
Roma Tomatoes (2) 
Avocado (2) 
Broccoli
Bananas 
Apples 
Berries (if on sale) 

Grocery List (week 3)

Dairy-
Cream
Milk

Fresh Fruit and Vegetables-
Mushrooms
Spinach
Basil (if you don’t have any left from last week)
Bananas
Apples
Berries (if on sale)
  
Grocery List (week 4)

Dairy-
Milk

Other-
Garlic Bread

Fresh Fruits and Vegetables-
Avocado (2)
Romaine Lettuce
Roma Tomatoes (2)
Cucumber
Broccoli
Bananas
Apples
Berries (if on sale)




No comments:

Post a Comment