Wednesday, March 11, 2015

One Pot Wednesday...Jambalaya!



Whoa I am barely going to get this one potter, is that the correct use?, in before it is no longer Wednesday! This recipe is similar to a couple of others that I have made from time to time. But I do believe it is one of my new faves! I mean a great flavor profile, done in under 30 minutes, and only one pan to clean, please, please, and oh yes please!
In this version I used a smoked turkey sausage from Aldi that I love. Ok I'll admit I just love Aldi, love love love. Veering off track sorry there! Feel free to switch up the sausage to get a different flavor! Back to Aldi, every ingredient in this dish came from there! Hooray, another awesome thing! Ok let's get busy making it!

One Pot Jambalaya

1/2 onion diced
1/2 bell pepper 
2 stalks celery diced
1lb turkey sausage sliced.
1 1/2 cups rice
3 cups stock
1 can fire roasted Tomatoes
Hot sauce to taste
EVOO 
Salt. Pepper, Garlic, and paprika

Heat evoo in a skillet. Sauté onion, pepper and celery until softened. Add in sausage. Get a little color on it then add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment