Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Rolls...

YUM!
This recipe was in the running during the contest last week, though to got no votes, you must have been blinded by cheesecake, I thought it was most definitely worth sharing! Now for me this recipe came from two places one I am a huge fan of lasagna, but I tend to never get the layers just the way I want them so that the cheese has good even distribution. I know I give food a ton of thought, but when you roll up the noodle you are guaranteeing yourself cheesy goodness in each bite. Second my kid LOVES pepperoni pizza, and the night I made this she told me she LOVES Telpha’s (her babysitter’s) Lasagna. Well I can’t be beat out by the sitter (hahaha) so I thought why not put both her loves into one.

Those were two reasons for the birth of this recipe but here are a few other great things about it! Since you have pepperoni in the noodles you don’t have to use quite as much meat in the sauce (money saver!) This uses jarred pasta sauce so it is completely doable on a week night. This freezes beautifully, I am thinking the next new baby family is getting this! Lastly in my home it was both kid and hubby friendly! The hubs said it was a good thing that I had packed part of it up and froze it because he might have eaten the whole pan.  Charlot liked it but proceed to tell me that Telpha’s was better! Oh well maybe next time. Hopefully and your family can enjoy this as well!
Let’s Make This!

Brown some burger, you could use, beef, pork, or turkey! I like to season mine with salt, pepper, and a bit of red pepper. But you season as you see fit!

Pour on some sauce. I love making my own sauce, but a good jarred sauce is perfect for this. Add a little garlic powder and allow this to simmer away!

Now I completely forgot to take a picture of the ricotta mixture before I spread it on the noodle, but here it is. You want to allow your noodles to cool for a few minutes before you attempt this step. Don't ask just trust...

Lay on some pepperoni. Now I started out using 5 pieces per noodles but I had a pepperoni thief in my kitchen. She's short and blond with blue eyes I can't seem to say no to! I suggest using the Turkey Pepperoni, one it is better on the thighs, but to me it also isn't a greasy tasting as some pepperoni can be!

Now you see it rolled up and ready for friends...


Oh here they joined!

Sauce and cheese to keep those delicious noodle rolls warm!

Oh come to Momma!!!

Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Rolls

½ lb. Lean Hamburger
1 Jar of Pasta Sauce
14 Lasagna noodles
1 container Ricotta Cheese
½ cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Egg
½ tsp Garlic Powder
1 package Turkey Pepperoni
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)


Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees. Brown hamburger in a skillet, add jar of sauce and allow to simmer. Cook noodles according to package directions in salted water and drain allow to cool before trying to handle. In a medium bowl mix, ricotta, parmesan, egg and garlic powder, season with salt and pepper if desired. Ladle a cup or so of the sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 greased baking dish. Now take out a noodle and lay it on a flat surface spread a good dollop of the ricotta mixture over the noodle. Top with 4-5 slices of pepperoni, roll it up and place in your pan. Repeat with all noodles until pan is full. Pour remaining sauce over noodle rolls and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for 5-10 minutes to brown the top. Let the lasagna sit for 10 minutes or so before you try cutting into it. ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment