Thursday, March 5, 2015

Éclair Dessert


Today for you a super easy dessert that is perfect for you to take to all the carry in dinners that will be coming up over the next few months. A few simple ingredients and into the fridge and you have dessert ready. I am not sure I would wait for a carry in dinner to make this I would just go ahead and do it. I have to say I was a little skeptical of the dessert at first but decided to give it a try; oh I am glad I did. The graham crackers soften slightly in between the pudding layers and then the thick chocolate layer on top will have you coming back for more. I think I may go have another piece right now. 



I am already thinking of the variations I can do with this. Like cheesecake flavored pudding, oh or slicing bananas up to put in between the layers, or oh maybe even strawberries, or both! YUM. The hubs would not be real happy with me about all those ideas, he says once I make something good I need not to mess with it, but hey what can I say! I can’t help myself! I sure hope you give this recipe a try! Plus this is a really kiddo in the kitchen friendly recipe to make, Charlot had a ball helping me. 





I took this to work for a luncheon, so I broke out my fancy new pan, isn't it just the cutest! I am thinking of doing a giveaway with these? What do you guys think?

Éclair Dessert
Ingredients
1 Box Graham Crackers
2 Boxes Instant Vanilla Pudding (3.5 oz)
3 ¼ Cups Milk (divided)
1 Carton Cool Whip
1 cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
1 stick Butter
1 tsp Vanilla

Directions
 Mix pudding packages with 3 cups milk, allow setting up a bit, then folding in cool whip, set aside. In a 9x13 cake pan take one package of graham crackers and line the bottom. Pour ½ of the pudding mixture over the top. Layer another sleeve of graham crackers over the pudding, top with remaining pudding. Use the final sleeve of graham crackers to layer over the pudding. Set this aside. In a sauce pan over medium heat bring ¼ cup milk, sugar, and cocoa powder to a boil. Stirring constantly allow boiling for 1 minute. Remove from heat to cool for one minute then stir in butter and vanilla. Pour over the final layer of graham crackers. Refrigerate overnight! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment