Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Ham and Cheddar Quiche

I am finding now that school has started and harvest is in full swing our evenings seem to get busier and busier. But I still strive to put a home cooked meal on the table. Notice I didn't say homemade...because this recipe allows for an easy store bought short cut without sacrificing any flavor! 

Another type of meal I love on busy nights is one that part of it can be made ahead of time and then just assembled and baked! This quiche can do just that! The best way to do this is to make up the egg mixture complete with all your goodies (ham and cheddar) the night before or even two nights before cover it and store in the fridge. Then when you get home from work you can unroll a store bought crust, pour in the filling and bake.While this quiche was baking I made a nice tossed salad and sliced up some fruit, then dinner was served.  Plus I got a load of laundry started during all of this as well, which to me is quite a successful evening.  

Now for those of you who are thinking quiche for my busy family your a crazy lady my kiddos would never eat quiche let alone my husband. Let me be the first to say just give it a try. This is why I made this recipe pretty simple, all ingredients that most people like, ham, eggs, cheese. I kind of think of this one as an introductory quiche, start here then you can get even more crazy with your ingredients as you warm your family up to this idea. I will say it took a little coaching but my picky little one ate this and actually told me I could make it again! Yet another success. 



Ham and Cheddar Quiche

1 Pie Crust (Homemade, Store-bought, Frozen) 
11/2 Cups Ham (diced)
8 Eggs
1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a large glass bowl whisk eggs, milk and seasonings, once these are well combined stir in meat and cheese. You can either go ahead and pour it into your crust and bake it right away or you can store the filling covered in the fridge until you are ready to bake (up to two days in advance). 
When you are ready to bake place your pie crust into your pie pan and trim the edges. Gently prick the bottom of the crust with a fork and pour in the egg mixture. 
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 50 minutes until filling is set. ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment