Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Just Like that....


Just like that in the blink of an eye we have a perfectly spunky, perfectly funny, perfectly purple loving preschooler. I never imagined there would be a day harder than the day I left her for the first time at daycare...well preschool nearly surpassed that. I think it was so hard because she told me she was going to miss me...rip out my heart! Then there was the moment I broke down crying because I was afraid that she might pee her pants because she wouldn't know where they bathroom was. Thank goodness the hubs was present to bring me off the ledge. 

Enough with that I am starting to feel a little weepy typing about it. So the night before school started we left the State Fair early, stopped for her supper of choice, cheese pizza light sauce of course, then headed to the homestead to get prepped for the next day. We picked out clothes, purple of course, took and extra long bath and filled out our sign. The whole filling out of the sign thing I thought would go quick and easy she always says when she grows up she wants to be a Doctor. Well this night she decided to chart a new course.

I said "Ok Charlot I've got your sign all filled out except what you want to be when you go up." "Is it still a doctor." 
Charlot "Welllll um I think so, um no no no if I'm a doctor I can't see you." 
Me (holding back the tears) "Yes you can, you see Momma works and stills sees grandma and pap all the time."
Charlot: "Ok but don't write doctor...um let me think about this."
Me: "Ok just let me know what your thinking."
Charlot: "Wellll I'm thinking I want to be a princess," I giggled "No don't write that."
Me: "You can be a princess and have a job. Promise"
Charlot: "Ok I think don't laugh but I think I want to be a Pioneer Worker"
Me(laughing and holding tears again): "Why a Pioneer worker" 
Charlot: "Then I could be with you all day"

Oh child of mine you are such a joy and have such a kind heart! See why I couldn't be trusted to take her to school alone, the hubs had to drag me out of there. I just pray she always wants to spend time with me! 


And just like that our baby is a big ole preschooler who is learning and growing more and more each day! The latest preschool news is she has a new friend Maggie! And she just loves her, she hopes she will still be her friend forever. I hope so to sweetheart I hope so to! 



No comments:

Post a Comment