Monday, August 31, 2015

The Beginning of Recaping the Past Two Weeks...


Show clothes and a banana we are ready
Oh goodness a lot has happened since I last blogged. The entire state fair has come and went, I have several posts lined up for this! I traveled to the great state of Iowa. My child has said something crazy approximately 172 times. The hubs has laughed at me at least 30 times per day. Oh and I nearly ate my weight in Pimento Cheese.

With all of that I would like to start with the State Fair, probably my favorite time of the year. I love the lights, I love and people, I love the woodchips, I LOVE the pig shows, the family time, oh and good gracious I love this kid. The morning I woke her up for the show, the one where she would be showing her beloved, Elsa and Anna, I asked her to pick out some clothes and we would change into our show clothes later. well this is what I get. Apparently the pig barn needed and Queen and she was filling that void. The pig behind her is Anna, oh they have quite the bond. And no I have zero pictures of her actually showing, awesome mom I know. I will be ordering from the State Fair photographer soon!

This is why I love the family time at the fair. Charlot not only had her parents and grandparents supporting her at the fair but her Great Grandparents as well. My maternal grandparents, who used to haul my brother and I to shows all over, came to see her show. Plus get this the Hubs 93 year old grandma, better known as Grandma Zella, made her trip to the fair to get a glimpse of the showing action. This picture pretty much sums up my parents relationship with Charlot, they give her their undivided attention at all times, and she eats it up! Oh and I have no clue why my dad has no shoes on, hot I guess!


Now the fair can't be all show work you must have a little play time as well. After her first shows Pap took, Charlot, Uncle Zach, and I for ice cream. My mom then met up with us for a little fair exploring, Charlot loved Cornelius, he kind of creeped me out but hey she liked it!!!

Now the barrel guys she wasn't as happy about!




Plus no state fair is complete without taking your life in your hands and riding the Ferris Wheel. 


And then this happened...More on this tomorrow! 









No comments:

Post a Comment