Monday, August 10, 2015

Happy Birthday to One AMAZING Lady...



Today I am taking a departure from what I originally had planned to send a special message to an extraordinary lady. This is Telpha and today is her birthday, but Telpha isn’t just any special lady she is Charlot’s babysitter. But let me be honest she is so much more than that. Telpha has a heart the size of the moon that she loves each and every child that steps through her door as her own. Each and every day I am amazed how much my kiddo loves to be at Telpha’s house. I never have to worry or fret about her being loved, fed, disciplined, or taught when I drop her off I know that all those things are going to be taken care of.

Telpha has been my confidant and friend through this crazy process of being a mom and she has loved and supported me and my child all the way. I could not be happier to have her as my substitute while I am away. 

Today it hit me that this week would be the last full week I will see Telpha every day until next summer. I will miss her smile and her fun but I know that her love for my little one will never change. So this is your day and I want you to know you are loved and appreciated each and every day.
I found this poem and it describes my feelings for you each day.

A Mother’s Thank You:
For all your patience…day to day,
For every tear you wipe away,
For “little hands” you gently hold,
And all the stories you have told,
For your consoling, tender heart,
And all the wisdom you impart,
For silly songs & quiet times,
For peaceful naps & nursery rhymes,
For teaching children how to share,
For being kind & being fair,
For every shoe that you have tied,
And thoughtful words that instill pride,
For all the sweet things that you do,
To help the children all year through,
For being there in place of me…
I’m grateful…and I’ll always be!

Hope you have the happiest birthday yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment