Thursday, September 3, 2015

It's Pie Day...Hooray


No I haven't lost my mind (well I'm not admitting to that yet), and I am not celebrating Pi day on the wrong day I am well aware that is on 3-14. But this is PIE day, yum! Or at least pie day at the Missouri State Fair. That's right the First Lady's Pie Contest! Now my momma and I have entered a few local contest and done well but this was the first year we stepped up to the plate to enter this contest. My friend Lorin and her momma also enter this contest each year so we were familiar with the competition through them!


I will say this was one of my favorite days at the fair because I got to spend the entire day with my momma! Something we really don't get to do that frequently. When we decided to enter this contest ML (Momma Linda) decided to only enter one pie on her first time out. I of course bit off the big chunk and said hey why not I'll enter two. Picture above is ML's beautiful coconut cream pie, now I would never touch this pie with my worst enemy's tongue but I will say it is very pretty. Next to the coconut is my oatmeal chocolate chip cookie pie. Those were our cream/custard pie entries.


And here is my peach blueberry pie. I am pretty sure I could have just eaten this entire pie. I love peaches. This was my entry in the fruit pie division. Now neither of us won or placed in the top three but we had a ball. And I have already started formulating my plan of attack for next year to take home a prize. That's my dad's competitive side coming out!


Back to the contest I spoke earlier about my friend Lorin. As soon as we pulled up to the building we met up with Kristie and Lorin. It was so much fun spending time with them and checking out our competition. Above it Kristie's German Chocolate Pie, again another pie I will choose to admire from afar, but beautiful no less.


As the judging was wrapping up I could feel the nervousness in my gut. They announced the winners in the fruit division...none of us placed. On to the cream division...nope nada for ML and I but Kristie took home first place! Which meant her pie would be judged for BEST IN SHOW!!!


And guess what she took it HANDS DOWN!!! Awesome win Kristie! So happy for you and I can't wait until next year! Thanks again to ML, Lorin and Kristie for such a fun day!





No comments:

Post a Comment