Thursday, September 17, 2015

Reality Check from a 4 Year Old...



I don’t like to sound like perfect Polly on this here blog of mine…that is definitely not my intention, like at all. My life is imperfect and sometimes kind of ugly, some days I feel like I’ve kind of got it all together and some days not a single part of the day is falling in place. Then there are those days where truly I feel like I maybe just maybe am doing ok at this mom thing then one sentence is uttered from my kiddo and smack I get a gut check with reality.

It happened yesterday, specifically 8:40 p.m. the hubs had done bedtime, then left to go heat check a sow. I was sitting in the middle of my living room floor making glittery signs for the Little Mr. and Miss Slater pageant. FYI I’m pretty sure I swallowed some glitter.  I then hear “Momma…Momma” I get up and go into her room. I ask what she needs “Hum I’m a little scared, would you snuggle with me?” The first thought in my head…oh man I have so many things to do.

I walked around the edge of the bed pulled back the covers and that’s when it happened…”Momma your REALLY going to snuggle with me?” “Yes sweetie why wouldn’t I?” “Well aren’t you too busy, that’s what you usually say.” Oh dear goodness how in the world did I let this happen? “No I am not scoot over and let me hold you.”

I spent the next twenty or so minutes holding my little sweetie hugging, kissing, giggling and singing this little light of mine. As I was getting up she squeezed me tight and said “Thank you so much for laying with me.” With tears in my eyes I said “Let’s do this more often!” She replies “ok how about tomorrow.”

I don’t know why I needed to tell this story I just couldn’t keep it in. I let myself get wrapped up in the other things I have going on. I know I’m not the only one but it is really hard to take when it is your kiddo that has to remind me of the things I should be doing. I mean she won’t be little forever she won’t what me to snuggle forever she won’t need me to do all these things forever. 

After I left her room I went back to covering posters in glitter, but I also took a second to pray and ask that the Lord help me to find the balance so that I be the best wife and momma I can be. I know I’ll never be perfect and I know I’ll continue to make mistakes but I hope that the snuggle session with my little one helped me realign my thoughts. Until the next time she has to point out the obvious.

Stay strong Momma’s, wait stay strong all parents, seriously it can be a crazy parenting world.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment