Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Soup…

Since OLD MAN WINTER will not let go of us here in the Midwest I have been doing my part to keep warm and serving this soup will do just that. I will give credit where credit is due; I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Mer. She made it for us at her lovely New Year’s Eve party, and I fell in love with the flavor instantly. So I ask her for the recipe and she said it was super easy and was so kind to give it to me. Well when I got the recipe my food snob nose went in the air; who ever uses cheese whiz. I didn’t even know where it was located in the store this recipe would not be served at my house. But then I thought back the amazing flavors it had and all the wonderful cheesiness and I couldn’t resist I had to make it for myself. Three bowls later I decided maybe cheese whiz wasn’t so bad after all.
4 Cups Chicken (Cooked and Diced)
1 Cup Finely Chopped Carrots

1 Cup Finely Chopped Celery

1 Cup Finely Chopped Onion

4-6 Cloves of Garlic (Depending on your tastes) Finely Chopped

1 Cup Butter

2 TBSP Flour
8 Cups Chicken Broth

1 Bag Frozen Cheese Filled Tortellini

1 Pint Half & Half

1 Large Jar Cheese Whiz

Salt and Pepper to taste
Sauté carrots celery onion and garlic in butter for about 8 minutes over medium heat. After tender sprinkle in flour to thicken, stir in flour for a few minutes to cook out the floury taste. Add chicken broth and bring to a slow boil, then add remaining ingredients and let simmer for 10 -15 minutes. Serve with crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment