Friday, February 26, 2010

A night of memories…


Last night was my youngest sister-in-law’s last home basketball game of the regular season, the big Senior Night at Sweet Springs High School. Not only was it her Senior Night but it was also was her 18th birthday. So the hubs and I loaded up and trucked on over to watch the game. This game brought back several memories for me; I have watched Rachel grow from a young teen to quite an extraordinary young woman. Last night on the way to the game I reminded the hubs about the first time I met most of his mom’s side of the family. I was home one weekend from college, he and I hadn’t been dating a real long time and he asked if I would like to go to his little sisters’ 7th grade basketball game. I thought sure why not, there wasn’t much else going on that night and it could be fun. That night I met his Grandparents and his Aunt and Uncle some of the nicest people you could ever meet. I never thought that six years later I would be sitting with those same people still cheering his little sister on, but boy am I glad I am. It has been amazing watching Rachel grow and mature as a person I hope she knows how proud her brother and I are of her and wish only the best for her.

Hands on the hips ready to play!

With her Mom and Dad being recognized

The Hubs and I got this new charm bracelet for her; I couldn't get a very good picture. But the charms are an "R" and a Basketball.

Singing the Alma Mater after the game.

Hugs from the Auntie and Gram

Hugs from Morgan and Maria

And ofcourse a hug from the Hubs! Yes she is as tall as him!

I didn't get any action shots during the game I was to focused on cheering sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment