Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mamma’s Chocolate Sheet Cake

So incase you (the two people not counting my parents who read my blog), sorry I get distracted easily, anyway incase you haven’t noticed from reading this blog I really enjoy chocolate I pretty much need it in my life on a daily basis. Note I said need and those who have the joy of working or living with me would agree that I seriously NEED it, otherwise, it aint pretty. This recipe comes from my mamma, she is an amazing cook from cinnamon rolls to chicken casserole pretty much anything she puts out is great.


Growing up we were always a pretty busy family, involved in many 4-H and FFA activities. This equated to many dinners we had to attend. My mom being a working mom didn’t have time to fuss over extravagant dishes. I always remember this cake being her go to item, and everyone always loved it. This was my first attempt at it and oh boy was it good. So let's kick this...


Mamma’s Chocolate Sheet Cake
Cake Ingredients:
2 cups Sugar
2 cups Flour
1 stick Margarine
½ cup Crisco
4 TBSP Cocoa
1 cup Water
½ cup Buttermilk
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
Preheat oven to 400

Sift sugar and flour set aside.

Put Margarine, Crisco, Cocoa, and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour over sugar and flour mixture and combine. Then mix in buttermilk, vanilla, baking soda, and eggs. Pour into a greased jellyroll pan. Bake for 20 minutes.

 Icing Ingredients:
1 stick Margarine
6 TBSP Cocoa
6 TBSP Milk (might take more)
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Pecans chopped

Start icing 5 minutes before cake is done.
Bring margarine, cocoa, and milt to a quick boil add powdered sugar, vanilla and pecans. Spread on cake while still hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment