Monday, March 29, 2010

Apple Crisp

I have absolutely no shame in admitting an easy recipe, not everything has to be complicated and totally gourmet. Friday when I asked my coworker what he wanted for his birthday treat, he said he was thinking apple crisp. This request made my life quite easy over the weekend. When I was whipping this up last night the hubs thought that he defiantly needed some of it. So as any good wife would I made him his own personal one. Ok really I just had some extra filling and topping, but I let him believe that I had done something extra special. This recipe is easy, now hear me out I do sometimes make my own filling but there isn’t any need to be feel guilty for using a canned pie filling as I did for this version. Get ready I promise you can have this finished in about 10 minutes flat.



Apple Crisp (canned pie filling version)

2 large cans Apple Pie filling
1 box Butter Cake Mix (I like using Betty Crocker’s)
2 ¼ cups Old Fashioned Oats (divided)
3 TBSP Cinnamon (divided)
1 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 stick Cold Butter (cubed) plus 3 TBSP

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a glass 9x13 baking dish. Pour your filling into the bottom of the pan sprinkle 1TBSP of cinnamon over the filling. In a large bowl mix cake mix, 2 Cups Oats, 2 TBSP cinnamon. Then using your hands mix in 1 stick of cubed butter, continue mixing the butter until it is close to pea size pieces of butter. Pour topping over the filling, spread out evenly. Sprinkle the top with some additional cinnamon in desired. Dot the remaining butter over the top and cover with remaining oats. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Best served with ice cream!

Side note this method can be used for any type of fruit pie filling I really enjoy blueberry!

No comments:

Post a Comment