Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Sweet Barbequed Chicken

After reading a couple recipes on afarmerslife  blog I came up with this recipe. I took the idea of basting the chicken and wrapping in bacon. I mean what could bad if it is wrapped bacon. I am not a huge honey mustard fan so I had to find a different marinade, click here for the orginal recipe. Then I remember the little shrimp wrapped in bacon treasures that my cousin makes. They have more of a sweet BBQ sauce. Thinking this might be a good combination, I gave it a shot. Boy am I glad that I did. I hope you enjoy!

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
12 pieces Thick Cut Bacon
1 Cup BBQ Sauce (I used Cattleman’s, feel free to use your fave)
3 TBSP Teriyaki sauce
1 TBSP Brown Sugar (Plus more for sprinkling)
Salt and Pepper

Mix BBQ Sauce, Teriyaki Sauce, and Brown Sugar in a small bowl. Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper, then baste with BBQ mixture, making sure both sides are well coated. Starting at the thinner end of the chicken breast wrap each breast with three pieces of bacon, covering the entire breast. Place chicken on a baking sheet, baste more sauce on top of bacon. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and switch oven to broil. Add more BBQ Sauce to the top of the chicken and sprinkle with brown sugar. Place chicken back under the broiler for 5 minutes , this will crisp the bacon up and caramelize the top of the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment