Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cheddar and Garlic Creamy Salad Dressing

I enjoy a nice salad with my dinner quite often, I just love fresh veggies. But my other half has other thoughts about salad, “rabbit food,” as he calls it. The funny thing about the hubs and his taste buds is that apparently they change as soon as he enters my mamma’s kitchen. She could put a salad down in front of him most anytime and he will eat it, if I try that I get the “I am not a rabbit” look. So last night I was determined to have a nice refreshing salad to accompany our spicy jambalaya. Knowing that it was going to have to be good I decided to whip together my own special dressing. In the recipe I put a splash of milk because I am not sure what the measurement was, just add milk until it is the consistency you like! You know what he actually liked the salad, he even took some to work with him for lunch today, and that is definitely a good sign.



4 oz. Block Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 Garlic Clove
½ Cup Greek Style Plain Yogurt
½ Cup Sour Cream
A few Sprigs of Parsley
1 TBSP Pepper
Salt to taste
Splash of milk
Drizzle of olive oil

In your handy dandy food processor mix cheese, garlic, yogurt, sour cream, and seasonings until the cheese is in small crumbles. Slowly add the milk until the dressing reaches your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

1 comment: