Monday, March 22, 2010

Dinner with Dana…

Every few months or so my very best girl friend on earth and I meet for a much need girls night. Now considering the fact that she lives a million miles away, ok more like a hundred, but it seems further. We don’t really get to see each other all that often, I mean we talk on the phone at least once a week, but is still not the same as face to face contact. Any way she is a lovely FACS (formerly Home Economics) and she happened to be in Columbia MO for a conference. Considering the fact that COMO is only an hour a way from me we took the opportunity to make a date.


As we were leaving the big Target and discussing where to eat she mentioned that she had heard of this Cajun place called Jazz. Well it happens to be one my favorite places to eat. I love spicy food and the atmosphere at Jazz is so laid back, with live music on the weekends, great food and entertainment, who could resist.

We had a lovely meal of popcorn crawfish and crawfish creole, but decided that we needed a little something to fulfill our sweet tooth. Let me introduce to a beignet these little jewels are amazingly yummy and messy all in one. And let me tell you when you put a bit of this chantilly cream on the top, it will make any Yankee beg to be on Bourbon Street. Now I have no idea how to make these yet but you better bet the farm that I am going to figure out how. Until then find a restaurant near you and order some up in a hurry!

Warm sweet yummy goodness!

I have no explanation for the first picture; it was my wedding day sometimes I get a bit excited. Plus it was the most recent picture I could find of Dana and I together, since I forgot my camera yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment