Thursday, March 25, 2010

Simple Traditional Pecan Pie


It is another birthday at my office and the birthday boy couldn’t have chosen an easier or tastier treat. Pecan pie, a sweet, crunchy, and nutty treat, it is absolutely delectable. Although it is full of goodness there are plenty of ways to mess up such a simple pie. As with any pie it all starts with the crust. This is another one of my mamma’s classic recipes that I have no shame in stealing. To be perfectly honest my mamma has to help me quite often in making pie crust, I seriously have no shame when it comes to good food. Keep it simple and you will experience the delightfulness of pecan pie…


Pie Crust (there will be a step-by-step post on this later, when I can get my mom to slow down while making it so that I can snap some pics. In the meantime you can try your hand at her recipe.)

3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 ½ cup Crisco (you have to use Crisco)
½ tsp vinegar
1 egg
5 tbsp water

Mix first five ingredients together until it forms pea size balls. Then begin adding the water mix thoroughly

Filling

3 lightly beaten eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 T. butter softened
1 t. vanilla
2 cups pecans

Mix first 5 ingredients well. Place pecans in the bottom of the pie curst then pour in the syrup mixture.Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment