Friday, June 24, 2011

For the love of a job...

I just want this to be said first and foremost I truly love my job, I work for a great company and the people I get to work with are really amazing. I will admit that I struggled after Charlot was born about coming back to work, but I couldn’t stay away I loved the work too much.  But today is my least favorite day of the year, this morning as I was dropping Charlot off at the sitters I nearly ran back to my car with her and called in sick. Today is the day that our mass of 150 high school age workers converges on us. Oh my! Yes I do have a degree in Agriculture Education, at one time in my life I thought I wanted to teach high schoolers, sometimes I still do but that is another story. So I of all people should be ok with this I am combining my love of kids and agriculture in one job without the school setting. But here is the thing for most of these kids this is their first job outside of the home. And when they get here many of them suddenly see me as their momma. I swear this morning 7 count them 7 children were asking me the same question at the same time, approximately thirty seconds after I had just answered it. In addition to questions, the noise that 150 kids can make is deafening. It is like herding turtles around here at times. But I will say that after the first day I truly enjoy the kids and I am so thankful they are here because we couldn’t do the work without them!

Look at all of them preparing to pounce on me with questions.
Have a great weekend, I know I will preparing for all of them to return on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment