Monday, June 20, 2011

A wonderful day of celebrating fathers



I hope each and every one of you father’s out there had a great father’s day! I sure hope my dad and hubby did. Charlot and I tried to make father’s day extra special for all the father’s in our lives. We cooked breakfast (ok she played in her bouncy seat), for the Hubs, he was super excited about that. Then went to church and to Grandma Jones for lunch where Charlot got to play with her cousin Mia. We rounded out the day having Grandma and Pappy Crews over for supper. My dad is a huge fan of Cajun cooking; I even have posted his recipe for Jambalaya Here. Well considering this meal was for him I wanted to tie in his love of the spice, but of course I wanted to make it something different and including pasta was just a plus. I made Rachael Ray’s version of a Jambalaya Pasta with a few of my twists along the way. I chose to use bowtie pasta instead of a penne; Pappy isn’t a fan of the penne. The recipe said to cut chicken breast in ½ inch strips and cook in the sauce. I decided to sprinkle some blackening spices on the breasts and sear them prior to slicing and adding to the sauce. Finally I decided to add a small can of tomato sauce at the end; I only did this because I felt like the dish needed more sauce.

For the Jambalaya Pasta Recipe click Here

Here a few pictures of our Father’s day weekend.


Oh daddy is so silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment