Thursday, July 3, 2014

Dinner for one...Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes

Do you ever have times when you have a crazy night that you need to get many things done and everyone in your home seems to be eating at different times? No, oh so it really is only us. Well occasionally I find our house in those moments. For instance the gate opening night, Charlot and I took the hubs supper, got home I quickly fed her supper and got some laundry done before my parents were supposed to be at our house for our nightly walk. Then when we got home from the walk it was bath time, story time, pray time and bed time for Charlot. And about 8:45 I still hadn’t eaten. I understand it isn’t great on your body to eat so late but I was STARVING! So this little throw together is one I go to in a pinch regularly! Sometimes I add leftover grilled chicken to it, but on this night I ate it straight up like this just noodles, veggies and sauce! If you ever find yourself starving late at night, and need a meal in under 10 minutes flat here is your go to!


Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes

1 handful of Angel hair pasta (depends on how much you want)

A couple handfuls of baby spinach leaves

1 tbsp Butter

1tbsp EVOO

1/8 cup Milk (I use whole)

¼ cup Parmesan Cheese

1 Roma Tomato (seeded and diced)

½ Lemon (zest and juice)

Salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions, druing the last minute or two of cooking throw in your spinach. Drain and set aside. In the same pot you cooked your pasta in melt butter and EVOO. Turn heat down a bit stir in your milk. Season with salt and pepper. Grate in the parmesan cheese and stir quickly add pasta and spinach back to the pot. Stir to combine everything add in tomatoes and lemon juice and zest stir to incorporate. Top with a bit more cheese. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment