Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Traditional Cheesecake with Peach Whiskey Sauce

Last weekend we celebrated the hubs grandmother’s 92nd birthday, with a big family dinner. And I don’t know about your family gatherings but in ours we all bring a dish to share and dessert seems to always be a hit. When I was talking to my MIL about what I should bring she said whatever you feel it really won’t matter. I said well I am thinking about my momma’s rice and possibly a cheesecake. She oh yum a cheesecake that sounds good. Well that confirmed it I was bringing both of those dishes.


This cheesecake recipe was given to me by a good friend, and she said that supposedly it was close to the Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes. I have been making this version for several years and I would say it is the closest I have ever come to achieving Cheesecake Factory amazingness.

When I sat out to make it Saturday I wanted to alter it in some way but I was a little scared because others would be eating this, but peaches and cream cheese cake kept creeping into my mind. That is where this lovely sauce was born. I do believe the next time I make this one I will be folding some of the sauce into the cheesecake batter! Yummy!

I will say this recipe must be a success because my new BIL isn’t much of a sweet eater but does like cheesecake. And on Sunday I witnessed him eating two large pieces of this cake! I am so glad everyone enjoyed it! Hope you and yours will as well!

Traditional Cheesecake

1 ½ cups Vanilla Wafers (ground)

½ cup Pecans (ground)

½ cup Almonds (ground)

4 TBSP Butter (melted)

2 ½ block of Cream Cheese

1 1/3 cups Sugar

5 Eggs

16 oz Sour Cream

¼ cup Flour

2 tsp Vanilla

2 tsp Lemon Juice

Pre-heat oven to 325, place a dish of water on the lowest shelf, this helps the cheesecake stay moist and prevents cracking. In a food processor grind your vanilla wafers and nuts together once ground slowly add in the melted butter. This should have the texture of wet sand. Press the mixture into a large spring form pan or a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside

The remaining ingredients should be at room temperature before mixing. Keeping the mixer on a low setting the entire time. Cream together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs on and at a time allowing it to incorporate completely before adding the next. Add in the sour cream and flour, incorporate thoroughly. Finish with the vanilla and lemon. Pour the mixture into your crust.

Bake the cake for 1 hour and 15 minutes when baking time is complete turn off the oven and crack the oven door. Leave the cake in the oven for an additional hour. After the one hour transfer to the refrigerator. If you are baking this in the 9x13 dish reduce cooking time to 1 hour.

Peach Whiskey Sauce

1 bag of Frozen Peaches thawed

1/3 cup Sugar

1/3 cup Water

4 TBSP corn starch mixed with water to make slurry

Splash of good Whiskey

1 tsp Vanilla

In a food processor pulse the peach into smaller pieces. Pour into a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add in the sugar and water. Allow mixture to come to a bubble stirring regularly, and then slowly stir in the cornstarch slurry. Continue cooking the mixture until nice and thick, you may need to add more slurry or more water depending on thickness. Turn off the heat and add in the Whiskey and Vanilla. Serve either warm or cool over the chilled cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment