Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Super food breakfast “Muffins”


Ok so I don’t really know if these qualify as a super food but everyone and their mother, brother and dog is using that term so I thought I should try it out! HA! But seriously these are like a super food for me they start my day off perfectly, with good protein and veggies! Plus these puppies are so versatile; you can switch it up each time you make them by changing the meat, cheese and veggies! The portability of this breakfast makes it perfect for the on the go family as well, just pop a couple in the microwave for 30 seconds and you are out the door with your super filling breakfast.


I make a batch of these each Sunday evening and they are perfect for a week’s worth of breakfasts! Once they are baked I store them in zip top bags and refrigerate for the week. You could also make a giant batch of these because they freeze beautifully!
This is how I store mine for the week!

Breakfast “Muffins” (makes 12)

12 Eggs

¼ Cup Milk

Dash of hot sauce

Salt and pepper to taste

12 pieces of sliced ham (the kind I buy fits perfectly in a muffin tin, if yours is bigger just cut it in half)

1 cup spinach (Chopped)

Shredded Cheddar Cheese (use as much or as little as you like)

Preheat oven to 350. Spray your muffin pan place a piece of ham in each cup. In each ham cup add some spinach. Wisk together your eggs, milk, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. I use a large glass measuring cup to do this so I have a spout to pour the egg into the ham cups. Pour the egg mixture into the ham cups fill it about ¾ the way full. Sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes until set. Allow these to cool for a few minutes before removing from muffin tins!

No comments:

Post a Comment