Monday, April 20, 2015

I run for her...


In just a few short weeks I am going to be running the second annual Slater’s Biggest Loser 5k. Last year I ran this 5k and it was the first one I had ever ran, I did it for me. It was amazing I was so proud and I didn’t finish last! Hooray! It was seriously one of the best feelings of my life, I had started a journey to change so much about my life not just losing weight but becoming a healthier person overall. And this 5k was kind of like the signing the contract on the dotted line it wasn’t the end of the journey but sealed the deal that I had seriously changed.

Now I am running this again, not for me though I am running for her. This years 5k is hopefully going to benefit one family in our local community greatly. This family has been through so much over the past year and a half. Their precious little girl was born with many congenital heart defects. Too many for me to remember or even try to explain.  I do know that this little CHD warrior has endured several procedures and hospital stays which is not only trying on her little body but for her mommy and daddy as well. Not only emotionally but financially, her mom has had to quit her job to stay home and care for this precious little girl. Now you may ask if you are running for her then why the picture of my little girl?

Well this is exactly why I am running, because I have never had to endure the pain and choices these parents have to make on a daily basis. I was blessed from God with a perfectly healthy child. Never have I had to sit in a waiting room while doctors operate on her heart , never has she had to spend a night in the hospital, never has she had to endure the pain that this little pumpkin has. And for that I am so so thankful. I cannot imagine going through what they have and the road they have ahead of them. I’m running because my precious one is healthy and another child isn’t and that isn’t fair but I can help and so can you. 
She is so sweet, how could we not help her!
If you are local and would like to register please fill out the form and send it in! All Proceeds will go directly to this family. If you are not local and would like to help please feel free to contact me I will point you in the right direction. 


Thank you advance for all who run, donate, help and pray. And Thank you God for my child’s health and please help bless this little one with a life of health in the near future! 


1 comment:

  1. Very well said, so happy we can help out a local family.

    ReplyDelete