Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Photography with Pigs...


Last week our family paired with another producer to host our very first online auction for our show pigs. I mean everything is sold online why not pigs?!?!?! Well just as if you sell just about anything online you need a good description, a quality website, and most importantly you need good pictures. Easy enough right? Hum no, photographing 40-60lb pigs isn’t exactly the easiest thing I have ever done. It basically consisted of lots of quality time with the hubs, the floor of a trailer, honey, and being chewed on by pigs! 


Yes you heard that right the floor of our trailer; that is where I laid for nearly two days straight trying to get the perfect shot. As you can see by some of these outtakes I took very few perfect shots. The hubs had a glove laced with honey to entice them to stand still. It was a load of fun. 





Now I do love to take pictures but I don’t feel I am real great at it. This photography practice did not provide a great confidence boost for me. As you can see the hubs was a real trooper in the situation. I will say that the perfect shots I did get made it all worthwhile. 


I wrote this post today really because I wanted to share some of these cute pictures of some extra cute pigs! I hope you enjoyed the experience! I will say for our first timeout with an online auction we were pretty happy with the end. I know that next year I will be more prepared for the photography end. 





No comments:

Post a Comment