Thursday, May 28, 2015

Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops with Fried Rice...


I know I have kind of been on an Asian food kick here lately on the blog, the hubs informed me of this last night during supper. But he sure didn’t complain about this meal! I promise tonight there is no Asian planned for supper, so maybe I will be off this kick soon.

I doubt it though I love love love these flavor combos! The pork chops provided a perfect amount of sweet heat that I loved, and when you eat it with the grilled pineapple you get just a little bit of smoke mix in there oh so delish. But I felt like last night my biggest triumph was the fried rice, well that and that my kid ate this entire meal! Momma Win! Any way the fried rice! I love fried rice, wait I pretty much love all carbs so this is no exception! Ok seriously back to the rice, as I was researching making fried rice I kept reading that you should cook and cool your rice ahead of time for great results. Well guess what this momma doesn’t think that far in advance. So this is my version of fried rice probably not how the pros do it but it tasted amazing! Give it and try and let me know what you think!

Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops
4 Boneless Pork Chops
1 Large Can of Pineapple Rings in 100% Juice
1 TBSP Siracha
1 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 TSP Salt
¼ Cup EVOO
Place chops in a large plastic container with a lid. In a large bowl combine juice from canned pineapple (reserve the fruit for later), siracha, brown sugar, salt, and oil. Pour juice mixture over the chops and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, I prefer all day while I am at work. When you are ready to grill bring chops out and allow to come to room temp. Pre-heat your grill place chops on hot grill, grill for 3 minutes per side or until completely cooked through. While grilling the chops grill your pineapple as well and serve the two together!

Fried Rice
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
3 TSP Sesame Oil (divided)
1 Cup Long Grain Rice
2 ½ cups water
1 Cup frozen Peas and Carrots
2 Eggs
1 TSP Siracha
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 TBSP Teriyaki Sauce
Heat coconut oil and 1 tsp of sesame oil in a large skillet add in the rice and stir to coat allow rice to toast for a few minutes prior to adding the liquid. Pour on the water, lower the heat to medium, and cover and cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes add in the peas and carrots. Allow rice to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes you may need to add additional water as well. Once rice is nice and tender remove the lid and allow it to cook a few more minutes to get any remaining moisture out of the pan. During the cooking of the rice whisk together eggs, siracha, soy sauce, and remaining sesame oil. Push rice and veggie to one side of the skillet, in the open part pour in the egg mixture stirring it until  it becomes a soft scramble then combine it with rice and add in the teriyaki sauce, stir to coat. ENJOY!  


No comments:

Post a Comment