Friday, May 8, 2015

The reason I am who I am…


Becoming a mom is one of the greatest blessings the Lord has bestowed upon me. It amazes me each and every day how much I can love my child. And most days when I look at my sweet little one I feel I am doing a pretty good job, I mean she tells me I’m the best momma she’s ever had. The thing is me being a good mom didn’t start the day Charlot was born.

My ability to be a kind, gracious, understanding, and loving mom started on the day I was born because God bless me with my mom. I attribute almost all my motherly abilities to my amazing mom. Yes I have an awesome dad, sorry dad you will have to wait until Father’s day for your moment, but my mom she is one of a kind.

I remember as a kid thinking that she could do anything, and I mean anything. Make 14 dozen cinnamon rolls a moment’s notice, have an elaborate Halloween costume done in a flash, feed all the livestock and fix the fence before she ever went to work for the day, no craft was too much for her, she seriously did it all. Now she may not agree with me and I know that I didn’t always show it but have always thought and continue to think of my mom as my hero. Her strength and perseverance absolutely amaze me.

She showed me that a woman can be strong and powerful without raising her voice and that a lot of kindness goes a long way. She always was there for me no matter what it took as my cheerleader, teacher, sounding board, supporter, disciplinarian, and friend. I will forever be grateful for everything about her.

 During the times of trials and tribulations in our family she provided the calm reassurance that we needed, she always turned to her faith and showed us that things would be taken care of. She never faulted in that she believed 100% that things would be ok and that as long as we stayed strong as a family nothing else mattered. And you know what she is right.

There are so many things I will never be able to do like my mom, bake bread, keep my cool as well as her, and sow those will never happen. But there are so many things that I am able to do right because of her, the most important being able to love God and my family unconditionally.

This weekend is Mother’s Day, thank these special women in your life, whether it be your mom, grandma, aunt, or sister, and let her know what she means.

So to you Momma I love you and Happy Mother’s Day you deserve the best of everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment